Thursday 4 August 2011

Out of disaster came ...

Well actually, this lovely card.


This card should have been the Patchwork Flower Pop Out Stepper Card from the Summer Grab Bag from those Crafty Gals over at Paper Creator. However, following a card/printer malfunction (I've discovered that my printer now doesn't like printing the final 5cm of 290gsm white card :o(, so I'm going to have to find another base card to print on) I had to change it to something else! However, all was not lost as I had printed the decoupage layers onto a very lightweight card, and the pop out part of the stepper card had printed OK as well.

I decided to use the central part of the stepper (the base of the flower) as a layer on my card and mounted this onto a square card base made from Blackcurrant card from Centura Pearl Darks pack from Crafter's Companion. This pack just has to be my absolute fave at the mo! :o) As you can see from the picture on the right, I then mounted 2 layers of decoupage petals on the top, and pulled these forward a bit to give some depth to the card.

The sentiment also came from the same Pop Out Stepper Card, and needed to be tweaked slightly in size so it would fit onto my card.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenge:

5 comments:

  1. Another fab card and what a happy accident :)

    I can recommend ICE Duo Matte 220gsm card - results are fantastic.

    Thank you for playing along at Paper Creator's Crafts & good luck.

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. What a gorgeous accident and thankyou for using one of our kits and showing us how it can be used in different ways
    Thankyou for joining in over at Paper Creator Crafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen I'm with Debbie, I use Ice White for all of my decoupage, it goes through your printer a treat, and you get fabby results using Standard printer settings, so you use less ink too...
    Here are a couple of links for you to try...
    http://www.cvbmedia.co.uk/dual-caoted-photo-papers/ice-a4-matte-double-sided-photo-paper-220gsm-50-pack.html
    and
    http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/Other/matt-photo-paper-190g
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts this week for our Say It With Flowers Theme!
    Hugs
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous and turned out well for an accident.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator Crafts.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty flower, Thanks for joining us at Paper Creator`s Crafts

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x