Friday 20 January 2012

Another Happy Birthday!

Hi,

I've made another Birthday card this week, this time for the Receptionist at work who is celebrating her 50th Birthday on Sunday. I've done another Swing or Flip Flop card ... I just love this style ... and this one is a really bold colour scheme!


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card. This one came from a local store, however Crafter's Companion have the shade Blackcurrant (which is fractionally darker than this) in the Dark Card Pack
  • Design Paper and both sentiments are by Create With TLC. The design paper is called Purple Passion Val Paper 7 - both it and the word art montage on the rear of the card were goodies in the current February Club. I tweaked the word art montage slightly by exporting the graphic into my normal word processing program and adding the purple 50 next to the "TH" to make 50th! I hope Paulette doesn't mind! I think the sentiment on the front of the card was offered on a blog as a Challenge Freebie.
  • Image is called Nanny Queen and she is, unfortunately, a now retired digi from Kelley Kids, who are no longer operating. However, I think she is a real cutie and I used my Spectrum Noir Pens to bring her to life, together with a silver gel pen for her necklace and tiara to add some sparkle. I added 3 bits of silver bling to the points of the tiara, just to add a further accent. She is, after all, a girl who is going out somewhere! :o)
  • Ribbon, bow and flower - black organdie ribbon from my stash. I made the flower and used a small purple bead as the centre of the flower.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  • Birthday Challenge at Catch the Bug
  • New Year Sparkle - use glitter and gems at The Crafty Pad
  • Challenge #147 - Texture Please! at Stamptacular Sunday - my textures are a visible texture to my design paper, organdie ribbon (bow and flower), gems, bead
  • Challenge 129 - Bold and Bright at Incy Wincy Designs
  • Challenge #52 - Bows at Ladybug Crafts
  • Buttons, Bows, Bling and Blooms at Papertake Weekly - any combination of these, so I've used a bow, some bling and a flower
  • What's your favourite Colour Combo! at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges - has to be purples and adding black to it is just a classic look!
  • Challenge #104 - Bingo at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - my line is the top row of Handmade Embellishment (Flower and Bow), Digi Image, 2 Different Papers (I've taken a slight liberty here because the Centura Pearl card is so pretty I just can't cover it up! So, I'm using this as one of my papers with the other being the purple paper behind my image ... hope this is OK ladies!)
  • Celebrations at Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog
  • Monthly Contest - Birthday Projects at The Stamping Boutique

Hugs,
Helen x

    9 comments:

    1. Oh this is juts adorable. I love your image and coloring and the sentiment is one of my favs! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this week and play along with the girls at The Crafty Pad :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gorgeous image and love the style of card. The ribbon and flower look beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
      Diane xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Lovely card, super colours and gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing with us at F'n'F this week.

      Pat xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. A fabulous card Helen! I love how you've added the 50 to the sentiment, so clever.
      Tracey
      x

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh, this card is great. So nice and funky. Well done Helen.

      And thank you so much for all the comments on my blog. I appreciate them a lot.

      Hugs, Heike xx

      ReplyDelete
    6. Lovely card, the image is wonderful and so nicely coloured in. I really like purple so it's winner in my mind.

      Thank you for joining use this week at Fab 'n' Funky Challenge.

      Anne-Marie x x

      ReplyDelete
    7. A wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
      Nikki F x

      ReplyDelete
    8. Love your colour choices. Thanks for taking part at MMCS
      Tracy x

      ReplyDelete
    9. A wonderful card Helen - thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Celebrations Challenge.

      Wendy -x-

      ReplyDelete

    In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

    Helen x