Sunday 12 February 2012

A New Home!

Hi,

My brother, sister-in-law and niece are moving house in a couple of weeks to their own first home. I've got really organised ahead of time, and made this card for them.


I've followed the current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for this card and I really enjoyed doing this layout.


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Snow White (Crafter's Companion) cut and folded to a 15cm square card.
  • Design Paper and ribbon border from the Strawberry Kisses CD (Crafter's Companion).
  • Image is by The Crafty Pad and was a freebie on the site - thanks Debbie! I brought this little chap to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Skin - 43, 51
    • Eyes - 33
    • Outline - CG1
  • I finished the image by colouring the background using pastels/chalks (which were given to me by a friend who has given up making cards) in the following colours:
    • Grass - Dark Green, Green, Lime Green
    • Pond - Turquoise
    • Sky - Light Blue
  • The sentiment tickets were from the February club at Create With TLC which I then tweaked in my word processing package to remove the original sentiment and then added my own sentiment.
  • The 3 pieces of Bling came from my stash. 

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
Hugs, Helen x

8 comments:

  1. Helen I just love it, the frog is so sweet, I am sure your Brother, Sister in law and niece will love it.

    I hope their move goes well.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute "new pad" frog card. Great intrepertation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Congratulations to your family on their new home. They are going to love your card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious sentiment and perfect combo with this cute image! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Love that sweet frog! Thanks for joining us for the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card. Very cute. Thank you for joining The Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's stunning Helen. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week and good luck.

    Laurence x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x