Monday 25 June 2012

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside .... !

Good morning my crafty friends and welcome to Diana, my newest follower!
It's time for a new new challenge again at Lexi's Creations and I do so hope that this fortnight's challenge brings the nice weather back to the UK - this morning is looking promising here! This time, we're asking you to show us At The Beach.


The fabby team at at Cropstop are sponsoring our challenge again this week and they're offering our lucky winner a $15 Gift Certificate. Here is a little about them:
"If you’re passionate about paper-crafting whether it be scrapbooking your memories, making cards or altered art, CropStop is your one-stop solution. We offer an extensive selection of dies, embossing folders, inks, stamps and punches by all the popular manufacturers and the CropStop die and embossing folder storage solutions Pocketz Pages™ to keep everything organized. Our selection of embellishments and adhesives is continually expanding and we are excited to be the home of the colorful Ribbon Candy™. CropStop ships internationally as well as domestic. Our personalized customer service is only one of our strengths. Call or come visit us at www.CropStop.com and see what’s new in the world of paper-crafting."
Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts has given every DT member free choice on what image they'd like to have on their cards. Here is the card I've made to share with you today:

My inspiration for this card layout came from Diane, one of my DT friends over at The Crafty Pad who made an awesome diorama card for our challenge on 10th June. So I had a play too in order to come up with this beach scene!


For each layer my card recipe is as follows:

Front Layer

·         Base Card - made from 160gsm white card, cut and folded to a 13cm by 8.5cm rectangle (finished size).
·         Aperture - I embossed an oval shape onto the card using the largest oval on my Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Snowman Delight and Candlelight, and cut this out.
·         Design Paper - is called Sand Hills, and is part of a kit called "FlipFlop-sicles" by Summer at Summertime Designs. Once I had fixed the paper to the card, I then cut round the aperture so you can still peek through it!
·         Image - is called Beach Ball Element and is also from the same "FlipFlop-sicles" kit.
·         Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs
·         Sky - light blue chalk, having made a "mask" using the clip art on my computer to make the right sized cloud shape, which I then printed onto a sticky note and cut round. I then stuck the cloud mask at various places in the sky and simply dabbed my chalk around, leaving white fluffy clouds in a pale blue sky!


Middle Layer
  • Base Card - made from 160gsm white card, cut and folded to a 13cm by 8.5cm rectangle (finished size).
  • Aperture - I embossed an oval shape onto the card using the smallest oval on my Ultimate Pro Embossing Board, and cut this out.
  • Sea - is paper-pieced from Blue Grungy Paper (from the "FlipFlop-sicles" kit) using the sea on my main image as a "template". I then cut this out and offset the waves from the main image so it gives the impression of moving waves!
  • Water Droplets - dabbed in using my Spectrum Noir Pen in TB5
  • Sky - light blue chalk and my "mask"

Rear Layer
  • Base Card - made from Neenah 216gsm Solar White Card, cut and folded to a 13cm by 8.5cm rectangle (finished size).
  • Image - This gorgeous fluffy water baby is Splashing Fun Ollie Duck and he has been created by the lovely Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts - you can find Ollie and a whole host of other great images by clicking the link and heading over to Lexi's store. I brought Ollie to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Feathers - GB3, GB4, GB5
    • Bill - OR1
    • Rubber Ring - CG4, CR11, IG2
    • Snorkel & Goggles - CG1, FL3, IG1
    • Water Droplets - TB6
    • Outline - IG2
  • Sky - Chalk in Royal Blue and Light Blue and my cloud "mask"
  • Sea - is paper-pieced from Blue Grungy Paper (from the "FlipFlop-sicles" kit).

This card is for my niece who celebrated her first Birthday last Thursday - according to her Dad she just loves Ollie!!!!!

Head on over to Lexi's Creations and see what my team mates have created At The Beach. Don't forget to come back and then show us your beach themed creations! You've got until Saturday 7th July 2012 to link your cards up.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges: 
Have a crafty week!

Hugs, Helen x

28 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. You are one talented crafter, this is just fantastic. I love the design to show off this great image. Absolutely brilliant.
    Have a great day.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen this is a fantastic card I love the design it's very effective,the image is so cute.


    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant Helen - love it to bits - such a fab card! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, love all the layers that you have! Love ow you used chalk! Thanks for playing along with us at Chalk N Stock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great project. Thanks for playing with us over at Chalk N Stock... Hope to see you again, each month...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally adorable, Helen! So fun to see how you stacked the layers to make this sweet window to seaside fun. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown -- hope you'll join us again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creativity ! Original concept ! Adorable project. Good work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen well I must confess I have never heard of a Diorama card before - Dior perfume yes! It works fabulous with this image and your card is brilliant. Looks like a porthole!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - neither had I until Diane made her totally wicked card a couple of weeks ago ... follow the links from my post! Then another Crafty Pad teamie posted some links to tutorials (try http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/diorama_card/) which made it look sooooo easy! I'm not sure I got it 100% right as my card didn't quite lie down flat to go in the envelope, but it reached my niece safely and Bro & Sis-in-Law worked out how to display it 'cos it's in the middle of all her Birthday Cards!

      Thank you everyone for your kind and encouring comments. They are very much appreciated!
      Helen x

      Delete
  9. Brilliant!Fab idea...all the layers look great.....glad your niece loved it!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful, Helen! How clever to make this diorama window card. Loving the image and that incredible sky! I have to put on my DT hat to say, "Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again soon." :-D
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen - there's an award for you on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a Superb card Helen, Love the image and card shape.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Birthday challenge.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing idea, the card is so detailed yet can be posted flat, I haven't seen one of these before. Thank you for your inspirational creation. Love that little image, he is so cute. Thanks for your hard work at Lexi's Creations much appreciated.
    Love and hugs
    Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute as can be, Helen! I love everything about this sweet card! I've had a pattern for this for a long time, and have never tried it - I must do so :) Thanks for sharing your fun creation with us at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what an awesome effect the layers make on the image! I remember my son making diorama projects in the elementary years at school, but never as a card. This is quite delightful and such a neat idea! Fabulous work Helen!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw your delightful card on a post. I have used the same image but your's is so much more detailed. This is marvelous. I shall have to try this card soon. Thanks for inspiring me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fab creation,love the sweet duck
    thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Helen, I just love that cute image. Let's hope your card does encourage summer to come back.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Helen, Ah this is super, what a great card, Thanks for playing along with us on our Birthday Celebrations this fortnight on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card - wonderful design and super cute image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma and MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining our "By The Sea" challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun and fabulous creation! I just love a good duck image :) Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for playing our By the Sea challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card, love this cute little guy! Thank you for joining in with our 3rd birthday celebrations at MAWTT this fortnight! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Helen, WOW this is amazing I really love the design and think I may try one of these myself seeing how beautifully you have made yours.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! This is an amazing creation, Helen!!! I do have to try this card technique. Thank you for the instructions as well as for enterign it in the DCC at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness! That duckie is so adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x