Monday 5 November 2012

With Thanks and Love

Good morning my crafty friends and welcome to another Monday! I'm back to school today, after having the week off for half term - I can say that having a quick week's break is enough to refresh me, ready for the 7 week run-in to Christmas!

It's new challenge day at Incy Wincy Designs and today our challenge theme is Giving Thanks. We'd like to see your projects that say "Thanks" or "Thank you" on them.


Our lovely sponsor this week is the superbly talented Krista of Saturated Canary, and she has kindly supplied each of the DT members with their choice of digi to use for this challenge. My challenge was which one of the pretty images to use. I did manage to make a decision (lol!) and here is my card for you today:







My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White, cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
  • Design Papers - my base paper is from the Vintage Grunge Postcard Collection by Debbie at Crafty Pad Designs. By loading the image into my word processing package, I have been able to tweak the colour to an aqua shade so that it matches the blue tones in the middle layer on my card. This middle layer is called Red Wallpaper Paper, from the Comforts of Home Kit and it has been designed by Summer at Summertime Designs. I have tool distressed the edges of these two layers
  • Image - this totally gorgeous girl is Love Letters and I have brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Eyes - DG4
    • Lips - DR7
    • Hair - GB1, GB8, GB10 - I've tried to get some 'shine' in her hair ... not sure if I've managed it or not?
    • Top - EB1, EB2, DR7, DG2, DG3
    • Trousers - TB1, TB2, TB9
    • Envelope - DR7
    • Outline - BGR1
    • Clouds - Chalk in Light Blue, using this wonderful tutorial on making realistic clouds by Annette. I'm not sure I've got it quite right, but it beats my clip art cloud on a repositionable note hands down! ;o)
  • Heart Confetti - don't tell my girls this, but I discovered a little tub of confetti shapes hidden in their 'Art 'n' Craft' box when I was looking for some clay for a school project last week. I thought the little red hearts would be totally perfect and they add a great sheen to the project .... Ssshhhhhhhh!
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette from Create with TLC and was one of the goodies in the recent "In Between Club". I've added Holographic Embossing Powder to the text ... just check out that sparkle!!!!!
  • Gems - from my stash, but originally came from a french hypermarket in a bumper bundle I bought last year.

 
Do check out the Incy Wincy challenge blog and see the other great cards Giving Thanks which have been created by my talented teamies and this months Guest Designer Paula. Then come back and show us your projects - you've got until Sunday 11th November 2012 to link your creations up.



I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:

Have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x

13 comments:

  1. Hi there Helen. How beautiful and such lovely colours too. Great design and fab image. Have a good day.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and love the little hearts around the gorgeous image

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Helen - really lovely image! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Helen , love the image and colour combo, fabulous layout.

    Hope your ok.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card...love the layout.

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Helen and I love that sparkle - which is perfect for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Thanks for joining in. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Helen, your colouring is fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Anjie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellos Ms Helen! This is gorgeous hun! Love the little hearts, a very nice touch. Hope you are keeping well :) Thank you so much for linking up and playing along in the ‘SPARKLE CHALLENGE at Visible Image. Great to have you playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love how you mutch image and hearts. Lovely colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “All that Glitter” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On “Make it Sparkle Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen, this is lovely. I am a fan of digitally manipulating things to match as well. I have done something similar with my Lexi creation for Monday, as I coloured my image digitally to match my papers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, love your card!! Thanks for taking part in the challenge at Visible Image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic, thanks for entering the Visible Image November Challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x