Thursday 20 June 2013

A Quick Card

Hello friends and hope you're well this afternoon! A very swift post from me.

After the heat of yesterday, today is somewhat cooler here. It keeps threatening to rain, but not the thunderstorms we were forecast!

I made this card in about 20 minutes this morning - I was up early, so filled in my extra time usefully .... !!!!!



OK - I know it's very, very, very CAS - but I like it!

My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - pre-folded Kraft card base in A5
  • Images - this cute little bird was a freebie in May from The Alley Way Stamps. I set 3 birds into 3 corners of a square format and then I paper-pieced the birds' bodies with these 3 gorgeous, different coloured, spotty papers from the 14 Days of Valentines kit by Summer at Summertime Designs. I drew over their tail feathers in gold gel pen before tool distressing the edges of the square. I finished the square by doodling round the edges with my gold gel pen. I've never been happy with my doodling before, but this doesn't look tooooooo bad!
  • Sentiment - is also a freebie from The Alley Way Stamps and goes with the bird image. I've simply put this into the fourth corner of the square before printing.
Told you this one was quick and simple!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Hope you have a great rest of the afternoon and evening!

Hugs, Helen x


14 comments:

  1. Lovely C&S design Helen. Love the use of Kraft instead of white.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the paper pieced birds and the doodled square! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and love it's simplicity! Wonderful paper piecing Helen!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, very cute, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Thank you for entering into the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card Helen, great CAS design.
    I hope you and your family are well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous c&s card, cute birds, love the paper piecing, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops sorry that should've said thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely CAS card Helen. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Hugs, Janine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly rose to the challenge. Luv the bird images. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quick, but very lovely! Fab birds image :)

    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts for our monthly challenge :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful design, love the colours. So simple, yet so effective! Thanks for joining in the fun at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just taking a peek at your beautiful blog.. :)
    This is so adorable.. love how you made the little bird mini :)
    Can't wait to see what you make next.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x