Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Safe Haven

Here we go with another "post fest" - I got soooooo behind with my "makes" last week, that I'm all behind with my posts too. Sorry folks! I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to Heather, my newest follower - hope you enjoy my "makes"!


It's new challenge time at Lexi's Creations and this one is very topical for us in the UK as we'd like to see your creations for Father's Day or a Special Male Birthday.


Joanna Sheen
Our wonderful sponsors for this challenge are the fabby team over at Joanna Sheen who are offering our lucky winner a £10 Gift Voucher to their on-line store. And with postage and packing free if you spend over £9 everyone's a winner if you buy in this Aladdin's cave!



Usually I would use one of Lexi's (Fairy Dust Crafts) beautiful images, but this time I thought I would give one of the images I recently won an airing! So here is a card for my Dad for Father's Day:



My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
  • Design Papers - are by Summer at Summertime Designs and (in keeping with the nautical theme!) are both from her kit She Sells Seashells. The bottom paper is called "Striped" and the top paper is called "Cream Dots".
  • Image - this lovely scene has been drawn by Teri over at Delicious Doodles and it is called In The Harbour. I have brought this idyll to life quite simply, using my Versamark Pen (which I used on the heavily shaded areas to give more definition) and my Craf-T Decorating Chalks in the following colours:
    • Boat on Left - Ruddy Red, Burnt Sienna, Black
    • Boat on Right - Turquoise, Burnt Sienna, Black, Light Blue
    • Sand - Tan
    • Harbour Wall - Dark Brown
    • Sky - Light Blue
  • Sentiments -  are computer generated using my word processing package and a font called Goudy Handtooled. 

Do come over to Lexi's Creations and see the other wonderfully inspirational male cards which have been designed by the other DT members and our Guest Designer Silvi. Don't forget to come back and link up the creations you've made for Father's Day or a Special Male Birthday. This challenge ends on Saturday 22nd June 2013.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Phew - that's me caught up now! Off to work on next week's DT projects.

Have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! Love that great image and how you colored it so perfectly!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Also, if you have time, please Make a Card for Maddy! And there is a fab Giveaway too!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Helen love the image and the papers, they compliment one another.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Helen. Love the nice and clean layout.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great idea to colour the image a bit more, and a fab card Helen.
    Love it.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both card, you did a great job and with a nice Fathers Day Quotes Messages, the card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Helen ..Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.

    Caz CSD DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Father's Day card. I've always been fond of this image. Love the DP you put with it.
    Also, since you've played at our chalk blog before I wanted to let you know that it's anything goes with chalk at Chalk Ah Lot for the next 12 days. Hopefully you can join us.
    Best Wishes
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card....Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I had commented on the fabulous card but apparently not! Love the beautiful image which you have enhanced with your colouring techniques! Wonderful design too!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Thank you so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope that you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x