Tuesday 18 June 2013

Don't let go!


Good morning all! Hope you are fine and well on this Tuesday morning. The weather isn't quite living up to the weatherman's promise, but we can live in hope!

I didn't quite manage to get this post written last night, so here is a slightly belated second inspiration post for this week's challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. Just to recap, our challenge is for you to Make a Pocket Card, and there are plenty of tutorials if you go to SplitCoast Stampers and type Pocket Card into the Search Resources box on the Tutorials page.


We've got 2 amazing sponsors for you again this week! Firstly, we're welcoming back Janet and the team from Pink Gem Designs who are offering one lucky winner a great prize.



And we're also very pleased to welcome a new sponsor this week - Tamara and her team from The Stamping Chef, and they are offering our second lucky winner a $10 gift Certificate to their store. And here's a bit about them:
The Stamping Chef was born in November 2012, after I (Tamara) decided to switch from the scrapbook community to the crafter side of designing. Drawing is my passion, and my style is fun, cute and doodlish..I think =D.  I love to see images come to life when they're colored by amazing crafters. Creating digital images can be a tedious process, but I love each and every step of it. I have a lovely bunch of ladies standing next to me, creating, giving me advice, and help me everywhere they can. I'm so totally new in this great adventure, but I love it! It's so totally different than I'm used to. I hope I can provide you with loads of cute, happy, funny images you can work with.


Today, I'm showcasing one of the beautiful images from Pink Gem Designs and I have made a Criss Cross Card, which is a twist on a pocket card:



My card recipe is follows:

  • Base Card - is 160gsm card in white which I cut, scored and folded following this tutorial to make the criss cross card base.
  • Design Paper - is from a collection called Emma's Garden, which was a magazine freebie last year (I think!). To make sure the flowers go the same way, I cut two rectangles and ensured that I cut the diagonals so that I had a left side and a right side!
  • Card Band - is made from a strip of 160gsm card in white onto which I've stuck another floral paper from the Emma's Garden paper collection. 
  • Image - this cutie holding on tightly to her balloon is Chloe with Balloon and she is by Janet at Pink Gem Designs. I have used the pre-coloured version here, but your purchase also includes the line drawing so you can colour her yourself. I've fussy cut Chloe, and then fixed her to the Card Band with foam pads so it looks like she's sitting on the bottom of the band.
  • Insert Tag - has been digitally designed in my word processing programme using a stripy paper from the Emma's Garden paper collection onto which I've superimposed a rounded corner rectangle in white, which gives a large area for writing the message to the recipient. I shrunk Chloe with Balloon to quite a small size, and inserted her on top of the white rectangle, again making it look like she's perched on it! I rounded the corners of the paper, before sticking it to another rectangle of 160gsm white card, which also had the corners rounded.
  • Sentiment -  is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs and is called Happy Birthday Plain Sentiment (available from Card Making Downloads). This was superimposed digitally onto the Insert Tag before I printed it out.


That's it for now ... I hope I've inspired you to try Making a Pocket Card. But before you do, please come over to Incy Wincy Designs and look at the gorgeous creations which my team mates and Linda (our Guest Designer for June) have made to futher inspire you. This challenge ends on Sunday 23rd June 2013.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  • Challenge #46 - One for the Kids at The Cutie Pie Challenge
  • Challenge #12 - Fold It! at Quirky Crafts - 2nd Entry
  • P for Pretty in Pink at ABC Challenges
  • DSC #40 - Photo Inspiration at Digitally Sweet Challenges I've been inspired by the girly pink colours in the photo. The insert to my project is all digitally layered up - hope this counts, if not please feel free to delete my project.
  • Challenge #187 - Let's Go Pink at Crafty Catz


Hope you have a great day - catch you soon!

Hugs, Helen x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen, love the delicate colours and image.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabby doo Helen - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card honey. Love the soft pink
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen!

    oooh this is a proper little sweetie, gorgeous image and papers.

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just so pretty, great use of Janet's lovely image. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. Love the image. So pretty in pink. Great card design. Lovely entry for our challenge over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Card! (I'm working backwards so forgive me if I repeat myself!!) Love these folded cards, I did make one, but its got lost in my messy craft room somewhere! Super sweet image! Thank you very much for joining in with my 'Fold It! Challenge' over on Quirky Crafts Challenge blog! Look forward to seeing you again, don't forget a new challenge will start Sunday evening (in the UK!)
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card and love the design. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute! Your design is lovely and I love that image to! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image and card. Love how you coloured the girl!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card, I love that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x