Tuesday 11 June 2013

Oh Baby!

This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post


Morning all and hope you're all well!

What a busy day yesterday was, and I'm sooooo veeeery sorry that I didn't get to finalise my posts and get them up and running on here - second week running that I've been late too. Hmmmm - bad me!!!!! However, today is a new day and I'm hoping to not only get caught up but also to get ahead and try and schedule next week's posts too! Wish me luck :o)


Anyway, there's a new challenge started at Incy Wincy Designs and this one's a fab topic - Butterflies and Bows


We have got 2 totally amazing sponsors for you this week ... just a shame I can't enter our own competition!

First, we're welcoming Heather Valentin from Lacy Sunshine Stamps . This is Heather's first time sponsoring one of our challenges, and she is offering one lucky winner a $20 Gift Certificate to her store. And with sooooo many gorgeous images to choose from, I can guarantee that you'll be spoilt for choice. Heather also has a retiring section with a number of her digital images priced at just $1, so there is no excuse for not topping up your stash! 


Our second sponsor is perennial favourite, Krista from Saturated Canary who is offering our second lucky winner 2 digital images from her store.


Both of our lovely sponsors very kindly offered the DT their choice of image to use this week. However a number of my teamies, like me, had sooooooooo much trouble choosing between Heather's images and Krista's images that we had to do one of each! 


So here is my first card for this challenge, and this one features one of Krista's gorgeous images:





My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory onto which I embossed the largest Butterfly shape from my    Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro. Once I had cut out this shape, having left 2 hinges at the top of the wings, I then cut the reverse of the card the the same outline.
  • Image - this beautiful baby is called Butterfly Baby and she comes from the pen of Krista at Saturated Canary. This little cutie has been brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Hair - GB7, GB8
    • Face - FS1, FS2, BT2, CR3
    • Baby Grow - GB1, GB2, GB3
    • Wings - LG3, LG4, LG5, LV1, LV2, LV3
    • Outline - GG1
  • Sentiment -  is of course by my favourite designer, Paulette at Create with TLC. I took this totally apt sentiment into my word processing package, and recoloured it in purple to match the colour scheme on my card, before printing it out in a purple coloured oval. Once the sentiment was cut out, I punched a hole in each side of the oval and threaded through some thread from my stash, which I had coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pen in LV3 so it matched the rest of the project, to make a "Ribbon Slider". I then finished off the slider, by tying a bow around the threads.

There'll be another post from me in a minute, and then I hope you'll head over to Incy Wincy Designs to check out the other gorgeous creations by my team mates and our Guest Designer for June Linda. Don't forget to then come back and show us your creations featuring Butterflies and Bows. This challenge ends on Sunday 16th June 2012.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Catch you in a minute!

Hugs, Helen x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, this is so sweet! Love your use of the colours and the shaped card, beautiful. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. Lovely sweet baby! Great use of the colours and the butterfly shaped card for the extra touch. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! Lovely card Helen. Fab idea to use the butterfly shape as your base. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M challenge.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Helen. The butterfly as a base card is inspired and the sentiment just lovely. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, I have this image and have only used it once. I love it too. I really must use it again soon.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen. Lovely shaped card ... and a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - a butterfly shaped card - how awesome!!! Love the darling image as well. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation with us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very sweet card. Loved it.. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shape and sweet, sweet image. Delightful card Helen!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've made your card in the shape of a butterfly. Lovely image and a really unique card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...sooooo sweet! Beautiful job and lovely coloring. Thanks for joining us on the Crafter's Companion challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo cute! I adore that image!

    Thanks for playing along with Crafter's Companion!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x