Tuesday 4 June 2013

Spring has Sprung!

This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post


Ooops - got rather carried away with life yesterday, and I forgot to post my inspiration for the new challenge at  Incy Wincy Designs. Really sorry girls! Everyone's back to work and school now, and I've got my days off back to myself, sooooo normal service should be resumed!


The challenge topic for this week is Spring is in the Air! Well it certainly is here on the south coast of the UK. We've got wall to wall sunshine today, although a breeze is rather keeping the temperatures down. Our garden is filling out a bit now with the Aqualeigas, Broom, Clematis and Dicentra all in flower.


We've got 2 fabulous sponsors this week ... and you won't want to miss these prizes!


http://doodlepantry.com/images/badges/dpbadge2013.pngFirstly, Laurie from Doodle Pantry is offering our first lucky prize winner 3 digital images from her store. Here's a little bit from her:
Hello, my name is Laurie.   I'm just a regular Joe crafter.  While trying to find digital images that met my own crafting needs, I decided to draw some of my own, as I had so many unique ideas that I just couldn’t locate elsewhere. I truly enjoy what I do and enjoy sharing the creativity that God has given me in the hopes it will inspire others to create too.  I have a variety of doodling styles and I like to keep a diverse selection at hand.
I hope you enjoy creating to your hearts content with some of my doodles.   I sincerely hope something here inspires you to go create something special that then puts a smile on another's face. ~Laurie


Secondly, Heather from Heather Ellis is offering our second lucky prize winner 3 digital images from her store.


Both Laurie and Heather kindly gave the DT some images to work with this week. Now I love Heather's cutesey images, but as time was of the essence last week (regular readers will know that I spent most of last week being chauffeur and packed lunch chef, as we had our half term holidays and were out nearly every single day!) I'm afraid I cheated a bit and made the following project:





My project recipe is as follows:

  • Candle - small unscented block candle in white from Ikea
  • Image - pre-coloured flowers from the Spring Song Birdies Color Plus Kit by Laurie at Doodle Pantry. I printd the image out onto white tissue paper and left it to dry. Then, I carefully cut around the image and then placed it onto the candle holding it in place with a piece of Greaseproof Paper. I then used my heat gun (since I treated myself to this, I've got past the stage of needing to use my hairdryer now!) to heat this 'sandwich' up and make the image melt into the candle … just be very careful that you don’t burn yourself at the same time. There is a great tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers with a video showing you how to do this!
Here's a close up of part of the image:



These candles are so quick and easy to make, and look fabulous! With the end of the academic year approaching in the UK, I think these candles would make great, and quite inexpensive) gifts for teachers or classroom helpers.


Linda is our new Guest Designer with us for the month of June, so please head over to Incy Wincy Designs  and see what she and the rest of my teamies have created to show that Spring is in the Air! Whilst you're hopping around blogland, why not visit the Doodle Pantry Blog where some of their DT are showcasing their Spring projects, as well as featuring some of ours too! Don't forget to come back and show us your Spring creations - if you use a Doodle Pantry image, you can join in with their current challenge as well. The Incy Wincy Designs challenge will close on Sunday  9th June 2013.


I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:


Hope you have a great day - enjoy the sunshine if you've got it!

Hugs, Helen x

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely project. Thanks for sharing your technique. Sounds like something I could do.
    Thanks
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous candle - would make a perfect gift for someone!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen what a lovely candle! The flower border is really pretty on it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully decorated candle! LOVE it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Helen, love the flowers.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous candle Helen - really pretty work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and a beautiful candle. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty candle.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at crafty friends
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great candle, love how you decorated it!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Really love it! Thank you for playing in this CDAC Challenge. Meg, Member of the CDAC DT.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x