Monday 3 June 2013

Vintage-y ... I hope!

Hello friends!

I hope you are well. Last week was half term here so it was a week of "no get ups"! Back to the alarm this morning, but there's only 7 and a bit weeks until the summer holidays. :o) Nice to see some sunshine again, although who knows how long it will last!


Anyway, it's new challenge time at Whoopsi Daisy and this week we're giving you the option of style either  Shabby Chic or Vintage ... another challenge for me as I don't make many cards in either of these styles.



As usual, Linnie is offering our lucky prize winner one sheet of images from the Whoopsi Daisy Store, unless you've used a Whoopsi Daisy Image for your project in which case you can choose two sheets of images. Linnie has let us loose in the store once more, and here is this week's project, using the current sketch challenge at Little Miss Muffet for the layout, for you:





I was aiming to hit Vintage, but I'm not sure if I achieved it! Anyway my card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Dark Chocolate which I cut and scored to make a 15cm square card
  • Design Papers - are all from a collection by Summer at Summertime Designs called All Is Calm. This is actually a winter kit, but I love the colours of it, which hint at a touch of vintage style. The bottom layer is called Pinstripes, the next layer is called Dots, and the top layer is called Red Damask. I've edged all the papers with Craf-T Chalk and a damp dish sponge (!) in Light Brown.
  • Image - is one of Linnie's "Little Misses" and she is one of the two images available on Sheet 453. I used the pre-coloured version; I needed to be able to make this card quite quickly as I spent last week out and about with my family. However, there is a line drawing of this gorgeous girl, so you can take your time and choose your own colours. I also edge distressed the oval with Craf-T Chalk in Light Brown.
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and I re-coloured using my word processing package to match the papers. The Banner is home-made, also using my word processing package.
  • Pearls - are from my stash and are coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pen in shade DR7 before mounting them onto another Banner shape.

I do hope you'll come over to Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and have a look at the wonderful creations by the other Divas. Then come back and show us your projects which are either Vintage or Shabby Chic. Don't forget that if you're using a Whoopsi Daisy image then you don't have to follow this week's theme!!! This challenge closes on Sunday 9th June 2013.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

  • Challenge #62 - Sketch at Little Miss Muffet I've rotated the sketch through 90 degrees  ... and then added the banners!
  • Spots and Stripes at Joanna Sheen

I'll be back a little later with my next post.

Hugs, Helen x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,Helen. Great mix of shabby chic and vintage.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of this, the image matches the papers peffectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Helen love the image. And gorgeous colours.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Helen, Love the papers too.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous make Helen - I founf this challenge quite hard! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen a fabulous card what gorgeous papers it all looks so good together! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful,pretty card, thanks so much for joining us at LMM for our sketch challenge, hugs, Kaernxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and image. This is totally vintage;) Thank you for joining the LMM challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card. I love papers and layout. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card. I love the image and all the spots and stripes.

    Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that is cute and lovely !I love the layering you have done here .
    I would like to invite you to join us in a DT opportunity that we have over at Beyond Grey challenges.
    I find your work very beautiful , and if u feel like inspiring people with your work do link up 3 of your fav projects at the following link.

    http://beyondgrey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/dt-call.html

    Hugs !
    PJ
    Beyond grey challenges !

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x