Good evening everyone, and a really warm welcome to Jackie who is my newest follower! If you're in the UK, I hope you've managed to enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend (sorry to anyone in Scotland, as you've already had yours!) - Casa Mia "upped sticks", and we've had an action packed weekend at Alton Towers Theme Park. Now I'm not a big fan of roller coasters; in fact they completely freak me out ... but I managed to ride on all the "big ones" (apart from Smiler which was closed) at least once, much to the amazement of both of the Bambinos and Papa Mia!
It's new challenge day at Incy Wincy Designs, and there's no excuse for not joining us this week as our theme is Anything Goes!
We're being sponsored by the lovely Sandy at Scribbles Designs, and she is offering this week's lucky winner $10USD of digis as a prize! Even if you're not this week's lucky winner, if you become a follower of Sandy's Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog you'll find that she sometimes offers a freebie ... and most crafters I know like a freebie, don't they? ;o)
Sandy has also very kindly given the DT some images to showcase, but I'm using an older digi for 2 reasons; firstly I need a card for my nephew, and secondly, as he's turning 11 and this digi has 11 candles on it I thought it would be perfect!
So, here's my inspiration for you this week:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is a Pop-up card in black cardstock, following this tutorial from SplitCoast Stampers
- Image - Brrr-thday Chef by Sandy at Scribbles Designs which I die cut using the largest Die'sire Essentials Rectangles die, before matting and layering it onto ice blue Core'dinations Card. I've used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the colours listed:
- Hat - IG1, IG2, Colourless Blender
- Penguin - OR1, IG9, True Black
- Bow Tie and Napkin - IG2
- Cake - IG2, FL1, CT4, Colourless Blender, Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - BT1
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC (I think it was a blog freebie a little while ago, but is just perfect for this penguin image!) and I've used the same ice blue Core'dinations Card for matting and layering.
Please head over to Incy Wincy Designs and check out the other wonderful creations from my teamies. Then come back and show us your projects - remember Anything Goes! This challenge ends on Sunday 6th September 2015.
- CCM #146 - No Patterned Papers at Crafty Cardmakers
- "N" is for No Design Papers at Alphabet Challenge Blog
- Challenge #22 - No Printed Paper at Get Creative Challenges
- Challenge #32 - Boys will be Boys at Scribbles Design Challenge
Until next time, take care!
Hugs, Helen x