Good evening crafty friends and I do hope that you haven't fallen off your chair with a second post from me in 2 days!
Whilst going through my computer files, I realised that I made this card a number of months ago but hadn't posted it. Never mind about my PHD in card making (projects half done), I think I definitely deserve a FTBP (forgotten to blog projects!) ;o)!!!!!!! I was reminded of this card as a number of challenges have cropped up this week with wedding themes, so I thought it high time this card made an appearance!
This card was made to order, as one of my brothers had asked me to make a wedding card. He had been invited to an evening reception and knew that my cards would surpass anything he could purchase, and could I possibly do it in cream and purple as those were the colours of the invitation?
Well, how could I resist that challenge? So here's what I made for him:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is Ivory Centura Pearl which I've cut, scored and folded to make a 6" square card base.
- Embossed layer - is another piece of Ivory Centura Pearl which I've embossed using my Embossalicious "Butterfly Love" embossing folder from the Sugar and Spice Range (sadly no longer available, but there are some other pretty folders still available if you click the link) and I've matted and layered this onto a piece of purple Core'dinations cardstock.
- Image - was a freebie download from Issue 86 Papercraft Inspirations Magazine ... another one that appears to sadly be no longer available :( I've brought this tender moment to life using my Original Spectrum Noir Pencils in the listed colours before die cutting it using a Sizzix Ovals Framelits die
- Bride's Hair - 015, 020, small gems from stash for a tiara
- Dress - 082
- Groom's Hair - 091, 095
- Suit - 120
- Skin - 004
- Flowers - 082, small gems from stash
- Sentiment - was part of the Issue 86 Papercraft Inspirations Magazine download. I recoloured this to purple in my word processing package before printing, and then used a Sizzix Fancy Labels Framelits die as a frame and coloured inside it using my Original Spectrum Noir Pencil in shade 082 which I burnished away from the edge. I drew round the outside of the die to get my label shape, which I then hand cut.
I was pretty chuffed with the way this card turned out, and I know that my brother was very pleased with it too!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #197 - Here comes the Bride at Eureka Stamps
- Purple Team June Challenge - Wedding at Eclectic Ellapu
- Challenge #171 - Love and Romance at A Gem of a Challenge
- June/July Challenge - Wedding Card at I'm a Crafter's Companion Facebook Group
Hope you have a lovely evening - maybe I'll get to writing up some more FTBP posts, or finish some PHDs!
Hugs, Helen x