Wednesday 15 February 2017

Say Cheese!

Good afternoon friends and hope you're well.

I still seem to be hopelessly behind with all my DT makes, so I apologise if this becomes a bit of a post-fest from me in your reading list! I'm gradually getting my crafty time back however, and a huge thank you to all my DT colleagues and team leaders for being so understanding over the last couple of months! It's half term next week here at Casa Mia, so I'm planning to get myself ahead with my makes and posts, and try to stay that way too 😉






It's new challenge time at All Dressed Up and, as usual, it's Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Esty Store. Haven't got any All Dressed Up images (and why not?) Wendy has very generously provided some freebies here - please make sure you adhere to the terms of use if you're saving these though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!




And here's my card for your inspiration this month:




My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base - is Snow White Silver Centura Pearl which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card base
  • Mat - is Core'dinations Card in this lovely shade of pink from the Roy G. Biv pack.
  • Embossed layer - is a further square of Snow White Silver Centura Pearl which I have embossed using my Embossalicious Birthday Text folder
  • Image - is Smile It's Your Birthday by Wendy at All Dressed Up Digital Stamps. I've brought this arty girl to life using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers in the listed shades before fussy cutting her out. I've used another Kit and Clowder lesson from the Skin and Hair Class to create streaked hair. If you're an eagle eyed member of the K&C Facebook page, you will have seen this cutie shielded by a post-it not as I entered her into the "Streaked Hair Challenge" last week - here she is now revealed in her full beauty!
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, TN4,  FS8 (Blush)
    • Hair - BT3, BT5, JG6, TN3, EB3, EB8, Silver Gel Pen
    • Top - IG1, IG2, IG3
    • Jacket and Shoes - PP3, PP5, PP6
    • Trousers - TB2, TB3
    • Camera - IG5, IG7, IG9, Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen, Silver Gel Pen
  • Sentiment - is part of the Smile It's Your Birthday image, which I've inserted behind a film strip frame, from a kit at Pixel Scrapper by Sheila Reid called The Best is Yet to Come. A couple of sparkly gems finished this off.

I hope I've inspired you to play along with this challenge but if you're in need of further inspiration, please do head over to the Challenge Blog and check out the other wonderful creations by my ever-so-talented teamies. Then come back and show us your creations. Don't forget that the Facebook Dressy Girls have their monthly challenge too and the theme is Romance and/or Red.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

In the meantime, have a lovely evening.

Hugs, Helen x

11 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, great background and a cute image.
    Thank you for joining ua at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen

    This is a sweet girlie card. I love the embossed background and your choice of colours

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

    June/DT
    http://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card - love that you put the sentiment behind the film strip and the embossed text is great, too! Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, This is such a fun birthday card, and I just love the way you've colored that little gal. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining our Mardi-Gras-inspired Celebration Challenge over at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. I love how you have done your hair, looks great. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card. Like all the texture in the background. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the colors! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those legs go all the way up one side and down the other, as my old Dad used to say! Looks fab. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is wonderful! Really cute way to join the Celebrations challenge at Words 2 Craft By!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a wonderful card, it looks so fantastic. The embossed background is so great.
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our add a sentiment challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x